Tips for Spring Cleaning
It’s time to get excited, spring is right around the corner! Did you know that there are things you need to do around your house to prepare for the change in weather? Below are a few ideas on how to kick off your spring cleaning right!
1. Clean out your gutters: You know the saying April showers bring May flowers! It’s true; rainfall normally increases during spring and summer so make sure there isn’t any debris in your gutters. If water can’t run through your gutters properly it will overflow onto your roof and can cause serious damage to your home. So get up on that ladder and get to work!
2. Replace your home’s filters: Replace all the filters in your home including water, range hood, and air vent filters. These filters need to be replaced because they get dirty overtime with dust, dirt, and allergens which decrease their efficiency. Filters normally need to be replaced every 3 months.
3. Clean out your dryer vent: A clogged dryer vent can be a fire hazard! To clean it, disconnect the vent from the back of the machine and use a dryer vent brush to remove lint. Outside your house, remove the dryer vent cover and use the brush to remove lint from the other end of the vent line. Make sure the vent cover flap moves freely.
4. Wash exterior windows: You might want to wait for all the pollen to settle for this one! Outside windows have more dirt and stains so make sure to clean them to have more natural light coming into your home. There are many professionals window cleaners in the area to call for help too!
5. Check and clean your foundation vents: A house with a crawl space has vents along the foundation walls. These vents provide air circulation and help prevent mold growth; they also prevent any critters from getting underneath your home. Make sure to check that nothing is covering these vents like leaves that fell in the fall months. Also, take this time to repair any holes in the screens so that you don’t get any unexpected neighbors like opossums, raccoons, or squirrels.
3/7/2022 01:43:18 am
Spring cleaning is a time honored tradition that many people partake in to clean their homes and get rid of the dirt and clutter that has built up over the winter. For some, it is a time to deep clean everything from top to bottom. For others, it is a time to organize and purge their homes of items they no longer need or use. Whatever your method, spring cleaning is a great way to get your home ready for the warmer weather ahead.
3/7/2022 02:02:44 am
As the weather starts to warm up, it's time to start thinking about spring cleaning. One task that often gets overlooked is cleaning the dryer vent. This can be a dangerous job if not done properly, so it's best to leave it to the professionals. Here are some tips from DUCTZ on how to clean your dryer vent safely and effectively.
5/26/2022 04:02:02 pm
Thank you for explaining when you should clean your dryer vent when you're spring cleaning. I never even thought about cleaning the dryer vent. I'll be sure to schedule one as soon as I can.
Leave a Reply.
"Happiness is not by chance,