Fried turkeys are delicious, but they come with a slew of safety issues. Thousands of fires as well as many deaths and injuries happen each year due to turkey fryer fires. Before you set up your turkey fryer this Thanksgiving, remember these safety tips.
1) Keep your distance from your home: Make sure to set up the fryer at least 10 feet away from the house. The fryer should not be left unattended and children and pets should be kept away.
2) Use a dry and thawed turkey: Extra water can cause the oil to bubble furiously. If the oil bubbles over and spills onto the burner it can cause a fire.
3) Place fryer on a flat surface: To ensure safety, the oil must be even and steady at all times. Make sure the fryer is placed on a flat, level surface and gauge the amount of oil needed.
4) Monitor temperature: Be very careful when touching the turkey fryer as the lid and handle can become extremely hot. Also make sure to keep track of the oil's temperature as many fryers do not come with their own thermostats.
5) Be prepared: Have a fire extinguisher ready and close by at all times.
Family Insurance Agency
632 Pinecroft Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
Grand Strand Insurance Services
4420 Oleander Dr. Suite 201
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Designed by Woody's Computing, Copyrighted 2018